CLASS 2 - Sinas Chinam to Ahavas Yisrael
NOTE: CLASSES 3 & 4 were private sessions for chabura only.
This Chabura began in February 2019 with some very important tools vital to coming together as a group such as ayin tova; dan l’kaf zachut; balancing between being an ayin vs. yesh; how to communicate with one another to create openness and trust, etc.
Rabbi Yaakov Zalman Labinsky with the aim of helping us come together as a group/team/chaburah/soul family to create the necessary group dynamic to initiate a “Geula from within” and IY”H, hasten the “Geula from without”. With the goal of expanding the circle and making it wider to encompass all of our kochot and combined passions, idealism and mesirat nefesh. The criteria for joining/continuing in this chaburah are:
1. a sincere desire to grow beyond yourself
2. an idealistic and directed desire to help Klal Yisrael not just in theory but l’maase.
3. a desire to not just create a team but create a soul family based on the principles Rabbi Labinsky will lay out for us to create an environment conducive to Ahavat Chinam.
4. a strong desire to work on your interpersonal relationships bein adam l’chaveiro and bein adam l’makom and uncover our blind spots in these relationships.
5. a willingness to do the inner work to connect more deeply to yourself as a neshama enhancing your bein adam l’atzmo
BIO RABBI YAAKOV LABINSKY
Rabbi Labinsky, the Rav has a MSW with a speciality in Group Therapeutic Process. He has Rabbinic ordination from Rabbi Yitzchak Berkowitz; an extensive knowledge of the Arizal’s teachings; 13 years of Kiruv/Teaching/Counseling at Aish Cleveland which makes him an excellent resource for helping us to formulate the right language for reaching the non-religious women (a real talmid of Rav Noach Weinberg zt”l); and originator along with his wife Basya of the website BecomingDivine.com with an emphasis in marriage counseling (with his transformative seminars Becoming Divine In Marriage).
As the Rav helped us to acknowledge, this isn’t just about creating a team to work on some external project but is more like a family, a soul family, of likeminded women coming together. It is the process of creating the soul family itself. Adding in the element of Ahavat Chinam which the Rav will be guiding us in, this will be a formidable force of creativity, idealism and redemptive energies unleashed and channeled in the most productive, G-dly ways possible, IY’H!
-Devorah Yaffa Singer