Rav Avigdor Miller's 10 Steps to Greatness
Rav Avigdor Miller 10 Steps to Greatness (Tape #706):
Spend 30 seconds thinking of Olam Haba and how we are in This World ONLY as a preparation for the World to Come.
2. Say at least once (in private) "I love You, Hashem."
3. Do one hidden act of chesed that no one (other than Hashem) knows about.
4. Be like Hashem, Who lifts the humble; say something to encourage someone.
5. Spend 1 minute thinking about what happened yesterday (cheshbon hanefesh).
6. Your actions should be l'Shem Shamayim/for the sake of Heaven (say that once during meals).
7. Look into someone's face and think: "I'm seeing a tzelem Elokim ('Image' of Hashem)."
8. Just like Hashem's Face shines on us, give someone a big smile.
9. When saying "malbish arumim" in the morning blessings, think about the great gift of garments, i.e. pockets, buttons, shoelaces, etc.
10. In private, sit on the floor for 1 second each day & think about the loss of Yerushalayim.
After recommending carrying out these steps out for 30 days, Rabbi Miller advised, "If you feel exhausted, take a break and come back slowly. To become great, you have to be extreme."
For a more detailed version of Rav Miller's ten steps, please see: 10 steps to Greatness by Rav Avigdor Miller z''l (tape #706)